Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a pioneer elite plasma t.v pro1410hd and its Hdmi is

Customer Question

I have a pioneer elite plasma t.v pro1410hd and its Hdmi is working with external devices that I connect it to however when I connect the devices through my pioneer elite vsx92-txh receiver it does not work. I set up a test TV. The receiver and test TV worked. It appears that my elite TV and receiver are incompatible what's missing here? Is my tv (display) not programmed to display material through a receiver?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jack thank you for responding.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello again , looks like were not on the same shift .

I will tell you why and how to fix this ;

Your PRO1410 is capable of a 720p resolution but not 1080p that is coming out of your VSX at this point .

The VSX will upscale/upconvert signals to 1080p and the tv/monitor cannot display that and the reason it works when connected directly to the cable box for example is that they talk to each other through the hdmi connection and the resolution auto adjusts for the maximum the tv can take , typically 720p or 1080i not 1080p

No worry there is a way to correct that at the VSX but first you will need to connect it to the tv that is able to display its menu on screen .

Once that is done press the V PARAMETER button and scroll down to RES ,open this and you could first try the AUTO option but you could also select 720P if you want to force it there , otherwise it may try 1080i , the choice is yours but I would suggest the 720p that this monitor was really made for .

By the way check to see that the V.CONV is set to ON in that menu .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get the v parameter option on the receiver
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I call you
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

As i said above , first connect your VSX to a tv that is able to show the menu .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The VSX is connected to the monitor that works. The problem is when I depress the V parameter button on the remote or on the unit itself it reads message saying cannot connect. None of the HDMI selections allow me to operate the VA parameter button. However I was able to scroll through the menu on a on a stereo input, and was able to change hue, contrast, etc. but I was not able to change the "res" resolution to 720p it's stuck on 1080p. I'd prefer calling so we can work through this faster.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V.conv is on as you've instructed
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but this getting late here and i will opt out .

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello again

I see that no one came forward so i`ll resume with this .

O.k then one thing i did not think about and is happening here is that your external equipment recognize a 1080p capable device (VSX) and sends its signal accordingly and the pioneer will not down convert a signal , it will up but not down convert

By the way , turn off again the video conversion (V.CONV)

Just another question i need to ask ;

If you connect nothing but the VSX on the tv with a hdmi cable , can you see its menu and various info on the tv screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will turn off the v.conv. I can see the menu on the test TV (the one that is 1080 capable) I have not tried plugging it to the 720p display for the purpose of reading the menu, but I'll try
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

o.k then let me now , this could be interesting