Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

When I turn on the TV wth a Hrmony 670, it always goes to

Customer Question

When I turn on the TV wth a Hrmony 670, it always goes to input 6 (cable box)then to channel 3, since the setup program requires a channel number- when input 6 (cable box) is all it needs. So I have to go to the TV and change the input, or use the 670 to do it. How do I set up to remove the channel requirement?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You need to actually tell the remote to change to the Input you want when you turn on the TV. This is done through the Harmony software. Did you program the Harmony remote, or did somebody else?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Also what's the model number off the back of the TV? I've setup dozens of Harmony remote, and the software always asks what "Input" you need to perform an activity (watch TV, watch movie, etc.).