Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Toshiba flat sreen in my kitched. All of a sudden

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba flat sreen in my kitched. All of a sudden it displays signal strength is low. Only one in house doing this. have Comcast cable with the simple black remote
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What's the model number off the back of the Toshiba?

Also it sounds like the Input simply got changed- grab the Toshiba remote and find the Input button, Usually the TV is set to HDMI in order to receive broadcasts from a Comcast box. Please try to select that and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know when you can see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
son is trying to get model number now. I have a remote in front of me that has no input button. it is or was the standard Comcast small black remote. Has set button, mute button , one called LANG, one called last and enter
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Not the Comcast remote- the Toshiba remote please. Do you have the original Toshiba remote?

If not, then we'll need the model number so I can look up the buttons on the set.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number says 15LV505
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Top of the TV find the INPUT button. Press it and cycle through each one of the Inputs onee at a time to see if one brings your picture back. Let me know what you see on the screen.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found an input button but all it said was contrast, etc. cycled through and not picture. also no select button. Cant I do this with the Comcast rmote somehow? Wife probably hit the wrong button on the remote and f'd it up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave you the model number
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I have the model number. You hit the MENU button. On the top of the TV is the INPUT button. No you can't do anything with the Comcast remote until you get your Input back.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Look at the top of the TV- the button says INPUT- press that button. Let me know what you see on your screen Don't press MENU- press Input.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one says TV, one Video, one Color scheme. I hit tv and same thing came up. The tv is a two minute walk from where I am typing. Sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
issue me a credit asap please or will call credit card co and cqncel payment
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I have nothing to do with billing and am no longer involved in this dialog.

I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142