Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How does one turn off the wifi chip in a Vizio 4K Ultra HD

Customer Question

How does one turn off the wifi chip in a Vizio 4K Ultra HD TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What's the model number off the back of the Vizio?

Also, there's no ON/OFF for the Wi Fi chip but you can disconnect the TV from your WiFi- what exactly is the problem you're having? Why do you want to disconnect the Wi Fi?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not removed the unit from the box . I want to avoid the radiation that the chip emits.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Radiation? Not sure where you read that. The TV's Wi Fi is on a Blue Tooth (Radio Frequency) band- so no radiation from that beyond what your cordless phone or FM stereo puts out. There is no way to "shut off" the wi fi chip in the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

In other words there's nothing that radiates from the TV besides radio frequency. A microwave oven would be about 100X's more concerning than a TV emitting RF. Besides, if you're connected to cable or satellite or the internet in any way- there's exactly the same amount of RF coming from those devices. What is it you're concrned with, with regards ***** ***** RF signal from Wi Fi?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I can also tell you this, if the TV is never connected to the internet- then there's no signal coming to or from the Wi Fi module in the TV. That is how they work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are meters which can detect the radiation emitted by WiFi devices (A-COMED meter). Short of disconnecting the switch in the TV I have read that (at least with the Samsung) it its possible through the set up process with the remote.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You still never posted the model number of the TV so that I can locate this info for you, but generally there is not a setting. So either postback with the model number off the unpacked box, or you will need to remove the screws- access the Mainboard and pull the WI Fi card out of the TV. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.