Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have 3 Vizio TVS. I have a 22 inch in the Kitched. The

Customer Question

I have 3 Vizio TVS. I have a 22 inch in the Kitched. The main channels 2 5 11 14 all have great pictures, all the others have very jumpy and scattered pictures but the sound is not distorted. I got my regular remote and started all over to see if that would happen after re-downloading. Do you think its my Direct TV or is a new Vizio in my future???
Please help,
Leonard Kaper
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, If the issue is only with certain channels- then it is caused by your DirecTv signal and/or box. The TV simply retrieves the signal from the box- so if the TV were the issue then all channels would be affected. This isolates it to the DTV box.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You should try first rebooting the box by disconnecting it from power for several seconds and then plugging it back in. Oftentimes a reboot is all it takes to correct the channels. If not, then contact DirecTv and let them know that some of their channels are coming through and others are not. They may swap the box out, or have other suggestions on their end- since this is all with their equipment.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.