Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I live in Prescott AZ. My "" is with CableOne. Recently

Customer Question

I live in Prescott AZ. My "bundle" is with CableOne. Recently CableOne switched from analog to digital. I have a 2008 Panasonic flat screen, MODEL #TH-42PX80U, SERIAL
#MC80360149 which has functioned beautifully for 7 years CableOne provided an ALL DIGITAL DEVICE with three options for connection. The first step is to find the coaxial cable coming from the wall to your TV. Disconnect this cable from your TV and connect it to the CABLE IN input on the All Digital De, leaving the coaxial cable connected to the wall. Make sure everything is finger tight. There are 3 connection options for the All Digital Device. I chose Option B which is: "Use an HDM1 cable to connect HDM1 OUT on the All Digital Device to the HDM1 on your HDTV. Then connect the AC Adapter to a power outlet on the wall. Connect the All Digital Device to the TV. Then, put the batteries into the remote. Turn on the TV (with the old remote and go to Channel 3. There is a Livewire Start-up screen supposed to appear. It does not appear. What I get is snow, even though the signal on the All Digital "box" is green. After a few calls to CableOne tech support, they can't help; they suggested I contact Panasonic. So here I am. My questions are: should I try using Option A or C instead of B? Or is my TV too old to conform to this digital conversion? Thanks for helping. Penny Barrington
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

Part of those instructions are not quite right. If you connected a cable box to the tv using HDMI then you do NOT put the tv on channel 3, you simply use the INPUT button on the Panasonic remote and choose HDMI. If you plugged into hdmi 1 then set the tv to hdmi 1, if #2 then set to hdmi 2, etc. Sometimes the hdmi inputs are hidden on Pansonic tvs and you have to go into the tv menu and turn them back on by changing the input name to anything but SKIP.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

some Panasonic remotes actually have a TV/VIDEO button in place of the INPUT button.