Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

When I turn on my 32 Samsung digital tv. I sometimes get

Customer Question

When I turn on my 32 Samsung digital tv. I sometimes get both video and audio and then it goes blank. Other times I only get audio no picture. All cables checked signal coming into set are on spec
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** have read your question and understand sometimes when you turn on your TV you are not getting the picture, could you tell me when this happens are you able to press the menu button on the TV and see the menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell if the screen lights, it would seem to have a slight glo to it if it was lit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A flash then black
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** indicate either a failure in the back light system from the power or the LCD panel it-self. Are you looking to try and repair it your self?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe how much
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

You would first have to remove the rear cover and inspect the power supply for any capacitors that may looked buldged out at the tops? Do you have a digital meter and know how to test voltages?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No what I am trying to determine is cost of the parts? Would it possibly more prudent to just buy a new one as this was made in 2002
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thank you. Most likely their is going to be a problem with capacitors in the power supply as this board has had a reputation for failing capacitors, the board itself new cost 75.00 It most likely can be repaired for for less, about 20.00 bucks in parts as the faulty caps on the board can be replaced, as far as a shop repair most shops charge around 150 bucks for this type of repair depending on the shops in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for a few hundred more I can have new it seams. Would you concurr
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

I would agree, if you could find someone that knows a little about soldering you may be able to have fixed cheap though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you very much. I sort I thought it might be the case. Appreciate the guidance.
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

you're welcome