Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Have pink screen on any input, with some snow, i ordered

Customer Question

Have pink screen on any input, with some snow, i ordered logic board but im not sure, i find difficult to fix plasma
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Don't unplug every wire and turn it on...Those ribbon cables drive the Y main and Xmain boards. You can blow the Ymain if the ribbon cable is disconnected. Leave the ribbon cables connected, and look for a 1 second blinking light on the logic board. Pink picture ? Check the VS voltage on they Ymain...it should be close to 200 Volts Check the Panel's voltage sticker, the Vs should match the sticker.

You stated --

On the Ymain, there is also a VSC voltage created ON the Ymain board. If that voltage is low, or excessively high, you'll get a NOISY pink screen. That's the KEY. Do you get a pink picture, or Noisy Pink screen with no picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have picture but with bad colour and noice, i find the board a right with very big cap have the first fuse blow, i change the fuse but not the tv click sometime with sound no image and turn on and off
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Name the fuse that you blew. See picture -

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Xmain fuse. When i disconnect the board i have the same problem than at beginning. The screen is not clear and have snow the screen is like pink.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

When the Xmain is dead, you can end up with a pink blob in the center of the TV screen. That's what I've seen. Since that specific fuse is blowing, I'd replace that board first.

There's 2 different boards used in your model. This site shows both with instructions on how to identify which board you have.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=65&q=pn58b650s1f&tv_models=Samsung+PN58B650S1FXZA

Compare your board with the information given and order that part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You think that the another board is ok. In your experience?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

If the TV has a lit screen, the Ysus and power supply boards should be good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered the xmain i going to let you know about the result
Thanks
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, reply back after you install it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wait for the board, i going to contact you to let you know
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, reply back after you install it.