Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We are considering on purchasing two Samsung tvs with build

Customer Question

hi,, we are considering on purchasing two Samsung tvs with build in Wi-Fi. our question is as follows. 1 of the tvs will remain at our house, the 2nd tv will be on our sailboat 150 miles from our house. question do we have to have 2 separate accounts for the wi fis?
and could you tell me the approx. cost of subscription.
thank you for your help
Category: TV
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hi Cheryl, I'm Joel and look forward to assisting with your question today. The wireless connectivity feature on the TV's is to join your home wireless network and make use of that internet connection. So the TV you have at home will be fine but the second one that you're putting in the sailboat will not be able to connect to your home wireless network. Now it depends what your wanting to get out of the wireless connection as in streaming Netflix? It is possible on the sailboat as long as you have mobile coverage you could invest in the mobile internet of some sorts which your TV could connect to, but this would depend on cell coverage where you sail and the if its only average coverage it may not be sufficient for Netflix streaming. Let me know if this helps and if you have any other questions, more than happy to assist