Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Screen is fussy with the menu flipping. The cables are

Customer Question

Screen is fussy with the menu flipping. The cables are connected correctly but I don't know what happened when I was scrolling through setup menu.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Polaroid vcr dvd player dvc 2000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I connected all the cords correctly and was going through the setup and don't know what I selected that messed up the screen. The ant cable is connected to it and the tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it is DVD-VCR combo player.

What is the model number of your TV connected to combo player?

Were you doing setting in TV menu setup that flipped the TV menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv is a magnavox. I don't know what model it is just an older model. I can't get behind it to see.There was a blue screen with no sound when trying to play a dvd so I went the setup menu to figure out what to do and I don't remember what is selected but the screen went black and white and you could see the menu page flipping
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was in the setup menu on the vcr not the tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, have you tired to unplug VCR power cord from wall for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unplugged and replugged everything and plugged it back
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, have you tried to press I/P button on VCR remote to change video output resolution?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Can you try it again to see if it helps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so it didn't work either. There is no setting available in VCR setup menu that can flip the menu so in my opinion it was coincidence that VCR got internal failure while you were working on setup menu. VCR main board has got internal failure and it needs to be replaced but it may no longer be available because of VCR age and you can buy replacement DVC-2000 from Amazon or ebay for $35 to $50, please check following links for details..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=polaroid+DVC-2000&_sacat=0

http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-DVC-2000-DVD-Multimedia-System/dp/B00YW6M8US/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448146007&sr=8-1&keywords=polaroid+DVC-2000

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its not that it's the setting. There was something that I selected on the setup menu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the menu when I pressed the select button. It has to do with the settings. I selected ant or cable or something else that caused this. I can't see what selection it was the I went to and there is not menu in the manual or on the internet
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I did check the whole manual of this player and there is no any setting that can flip the menu of VCR. Please click following link to download user manual copy for detailed instructions and setup settings..

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/131693/Polaroid-Dvc-2000.html?page=7

I hope this will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have this manual downloaded already it doesn't show me the menu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help with the mebu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Menu
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Page 25 shows Setup Menu along with sub menu and options on the manual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which one do I press
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Press Setup button on VCR remote to get the menu shown on page-25 of user manual.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, what happens when press setup button on VCR remote?