Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have an insignia ns p42q 10a plasma whose sound demand and

Customer Question

I have an insignia ns p42q 10a plasma whose sound for on demand and the cable TV stopped working. When I play the dvr or Amazon fire stick the soundn works
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thanks , you are saying basically that you have sound everywhere but with the cable tv box , is that correct ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dvr in the box has sound
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then it proves the tv is working fine on that particular input and in any case as cable boxes are known to cause sound problems , the first thing to try would be a reboot ;

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If that answers your question ( if not let me know) please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Feel stupid. That's the only thing I did not unplug. Thx!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Still need help with this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

AFDB