Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have cable coming into the house - put a splitter in and

Customer Question

I have cable coming into the house - put a splitter in and cable won't work on the insignia tv. I have tried to scan under 'cable' selection to no avail.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Who is your cable provider? Is there a BOX on the other TV in the house? Please provide details and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charter Communications is my cable provider. There is a DVR box upstairs, however, I put in a splitter before the cable gets to the DVR box and run it directly to the TV downstairs.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I have Charter as well, and late last year they changed their signal over to digital- where EVERY TV in the house needs it's own box to decode the signal. Even my brand new LG and Toshiba sets won't work without a box now. This is how just about every cable company operates these days. You can't just split the coaxial cable and get channels on the Insignia set. Unfortunately you need another box to connect to the other TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thank you.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, and sorry for the bad news here.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.