Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

SANSUI MODEL NO HDLCD1908B - The screen just went blank, i

Customer Question

SANSUI MODEL NO HDLCD1908B - The screen just went blank, i can hear the sound but no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, consider an experiment (if have not been done). Power on the TV and set to a program/channel. If at all possible, darken the room where the TV is. Wait for about 5 minutes or more. Shine a flashlight at an angle (not directly) and nearly but not touching the screen where the volume level / menu display is usually seen. Press the VOL UP/DOWN or MENU button and note if a dark/ghostly image of the volume level or MENU could be seen.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

The above is a test to determine if it is a backlighting issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried several angels and i can barely see the picture. not the volume level or menu screen
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

Still and as this would be an internal hardware issue, if comfortably able and feel safe to do so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since you can not call me. is there any more suggestions.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

As inquired above, is a DIY to be tried?

If yes, then best assistance would be to provide on the part number of the board that needs replacement as well as a potential source.

Would the above serve your purpose please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will have to try at a later date. So I can be better prepared to open TV. Thanks for you time.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

The board is a combo main/inverter/power supply with part number CEG342B. Please click HERE to inquire.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.