Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 2009 52" Sony Bravia. It has never had any issues

Customer Question

I have a 2009 52" Sony Bravia. It has never had any issues before. It was working
fine early this morning. I turned the set off, went to town for a couple of hours.
When I returned I turned on the set. The green light on the front comes on and stays
lit. The problem is that the screen is black and no sound. Nothing comes on the
screen if you use the Sony remote or the Directv remote.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Main Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?