Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Sharp LC 32D53x shows the "program set up" being greyed

Customer Question

My Sharp LC 32D53x shows the "program set up" being greyed out, unable to operate for the purpose of deleting channels. Could you please show us how to reset?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you trying to access the channel programming for use with an aerial or basic cable?
If so, make sure that the set is first on the TV input mode (not hdmi, etc), to be able to access that section.

If that still doesn't allow you to, look in the setup menu for the Factory Reset (restore defaults) function and execute that. After which, you can run the auto scan again and then add/remove any desired channels manually.

Now if you're referring to a cable or satellite box, that is a different process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The grayed out issue has been resolved. I now have an issue where I have duplicate digital channels. Some channels I need to delete because they have weak signals. How do I do this?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well if that grayed out part is available now, you can go into the channel setup section of the menu and add/remove channels from there. You should see a list of channels that can be manually fine tuned, or added/removed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. But I do not see an option on the digital channel set-up where I can add/remove channels.The trail I am using is DTV Menu>Setup>Installation>Manual adjust. From there all that is available is scan, but no add/remove channels option.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trying. I've actually just confirmed that this particular model does not have that capability.

I believe it does for analog channels, but not for digital. The expectation is that with digital if it pulls in any signal it should be strong enough to work well, or can be fine tuned by rotating your antenna slightly. This model has no further ability to remove specific digital channels from the lineup however.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.