Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Shahid Have an LG 47LN5750-UH. Have sound but no picture.

Customer Question

Hi shahid
Have an LG 47LN5750-UH. Have sound but no picture. Shined a flashlight on it and couldn't see anything when the power was on. Already wasted $70 on buying a power supply/LED board but still stayed the same.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV.

- Does screen stay lit/ glow (has backlight) while no picture on screen?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I CAN see the picture when I shine the flashlight on it and it does have sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No backlight. Have to shine flashlight on tv to see it
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks for this info.

It seems few LEDs inside LCD panel have failed and causing the protection circuit to switch Off backlight system OR it's main board internal issue as main controller chip is switching Off backlight system for some reason. I'm afraid only option is to swap the main board of TV to see if it fix the issue or it is LCD panel problem which wouldn't be economical repair as LCD panel costs approx new TV price if still available with LG Parts in area.

Main board swapping would cost more money and if it doesn't fix then you can return the board to supplier so make sure supplier has part return option/ policy.

I wish I had better news about TV problem, I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used shop jimmy.com for my LED power board and they say no returns. Do you know of a supplier that offers returns on the main board. Shop jimmy charges $100 for the main board with no returns Thx
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but you need to search the board and supplier to get that info as I'm not aware of any supplier or its return policy.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.