Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung TV and the last two years when I turn it on

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV and for about the last two years when I turn it on it just clicks the red light comes on then goes off and goes on goes off and it clicks for about 15 minutes before the TV actually comes on. Any idea what may be wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony the model number is ***** 74661F8

Hello

Thanks for the info

It very much sounds like you have a problem with the capacitors on the power-board these devices tend to leak/balloon up or have raised domed tops its a very common issue with samsung sets, if you think you can do work yourself with the set please let me know basically you have two options replace the capacitors or replace the powerboard, let me know if you can do this I will provide all the necessary info and on going support.

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony