Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a samsung sp61L3HX dlp tv with a dmd board that will

Customer Question

I have a samsung sp61L3HX dlp tv with a dmd board that will not start the color wheel. the color wheel is good, but makes a high pitched squeal when turning on. I tested the color wheel with another dmd board that i have as a spare. I know there is a board mounted capacitor that goes to the color wheel... i need the location of the cap to replace it
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

For the few dollars that it will cost, I would suggest replacing all the capacitors. It may have been one before and then to now and you can probably expect that to continue. Most of those capacitors are underrated for the capacity they were actually designed to handle. It's an easy and cheap replacement and will prevent you from having to pull it out again. Let me know if you the stuff questions oh.