Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a haier flat screen about 5 years old. The other day

Customer Question

I have a haier flat screen about 5 years old. The other day we turn the tv off the screen was blue but when we turned it back on the screen was black. We tried to turn it off but it wouldn't turn off the green light stayed on. We unplug ed it and it took about 10 seconds for the light to turn off. We plug it back in the green light turns on right away by itself with a black screen. I lost my remote we also tried to unplug it and hold the power button about 10 seconds then wait a minute and plug it back in and it still does the same thing. Plz help
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you are not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Still have or had the sound ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Please do not open other posts , we are not allowed to reply to duplicates anyway , just closed that second post .

Send me a reply here