Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I want to hookupmy DVD player to my X1 system. can I get a

Customer Question

I want to hookupmy DVD player to my X1 system. can I get a schematic on how to do it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help. YOu have an XFInity X1 cable box. What other components comprise your system? FOr example, are you using a sound bar or some kind of external audio system? What is the make and model of your TV? Knowing this will help me to help you.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
aiwa sound system samsung tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv model # *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm here. Please give me a second as this conversation is from two weeks ago.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

How do you have it connected right now? Is the sound system working for TV sound from the cable box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a hard problem?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

No. We need to connect the DVD player to the TV.

Do you know if your Aiwa sound system has an optical input? If you are not sure, give me the model number.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SX-R276
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

That is a subwoofer and two speakers - correct? Do you have the cable box or the TV connected to that subwoofer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv is connected to the aiwa system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does getting an answer always take this long?for someone in the field for30yrs. I am confused about all the ads saying fast responses. I am very dissatisfied with just answer. Why don't you just give me a refund, Then you could use your skills on another beliver OK...
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

I responded to your original question on 11/18 in under 4 minutes. You then took about 12 days to get back to me. I then chatted with you yesterday asking you questions and you disappeared for 20 hours. So I'm not quite sure what you are expecting.

Im going to let someone else work with you. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Would you still like assistance with this?
If so, I'd be happy to help. Based on the communication record here and speed expectations, the chat format will not be the best method. We can talk by phone and I can guide you through the connections, if you'd like help.