Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Rick Just recently my Akai television is saying no signal

Customer Question

Hi Rick
Just recently my Akai television is saying no signal not sure why?
I have no freeview therefore have opted to watch television through my laptop was doing fine until 3 days ago.
Christina
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello Christina, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Is the laptop hooked to HDMI input of TV?

- Is there any antenna connected to TV for local channels?

- Have you tired a DVD player on this TV to see if picture appears?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to HDMI its a tad loose to my lap top.No antennaeNo to DVD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My lap top display settings were very large just a while ago and my homescreen appeared on tv then when readjusted via my lap top homescreen signal lost.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, can you try another HDMI cable, if available, to connect laptop to TV?

Also, press Fn and F5 or F6 button (it would have monitor symbol) to enable/ switch on external monitor option in laptop.

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have another cable will try shortcut buttons now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please make sure that HDMI cable is plugged securely in laptop and TV and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it maybe the cable
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it could be cable so new cable will confirm it, it also would be mismatch of display resolution issue so try to reduce the video resolution in 2nd monitor setting in laptop which will help to get laptop home screen/ picture on TV as TV might not be able to process high resolution signal coming from laptop.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.