Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

With my remote I can't get the IMPUT BUTTOM TO GO TO TV. I

Customer Question

With my remote I can't get the IMPUT BUTTOM TO GO TO TV . I am on Comcast cable ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You need to use the original SONY remote for this, the comcast remote won't work.

IF you have a cable box though, then you wouldn't pick "TV" as the input mode in most cases, rather you need to pick whatever port the box is connected to (hdmi1, component, etc).

Press that menu button repeatedly to cycle through the different options, or press the number key corresponding to it (1, 2, 3, etc) in the list.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no menu button on my Sony remote . Only an imput button as I said before and will not go to TV . The TV worked fine last night and I think the wrong button got pushed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using my Sony remote . The TV was working fine last night and I think the wrong button got pushed . With my imput button on the left corner at the top it will not curser to TV //
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, I meant the input button, not menu. Sorry about that.

Have you tried pressing that repeatedly?
If it is not working, please tell me specifically how your cable is connected (what input/port, if there is a cable box, etc)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Imput says TV
HDMI1/MHL
HDMI2
HDMI3
HDMI4
Video1
Video2/component
Screen mirroringIn the bottom right on this screen it says No signal . Check the external Imput or select another Imput using the IMPUT button
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I need to know specifically how the box is connected.

Look at the back of the cable box and follow the cord coming out of it and look closely where it plugs into the back of the tv. That port on the tv should be labeled, what does it say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not a new install .
Was working fine last night .
I thought a wrong button got pushed ?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong with the connections, though that is a possibility.

I am directing you to check the existing connections so you can find out where the box is connected, and then we can get you to selecting the appropriate input.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is mounted on the wall so I can not read the connection .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I paying for each question ?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

It would help greatly if you could pull it out far enough to see it.

No, you pay once for the entire conversation.

Without knowing where it is connected, you can only go through each and every input to check for signal.

Press input and then enter on each option to test each.

If none work, it may be a problem with the box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my $28.00 contract .
I am going to call Comcast.
Ferman
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You've already paid your fee to the site, per the terms you agreed upon.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services.

Comcast would not help you with this, they'd refer you back to sony. Sony would not help as you are out of warranty.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm trying to help you, but cannot do so without complete information such as the connections I've asked you to check.