Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I HAVE A SONY BRAVIA KDL-55NX70 TV. WILL NOT POWER ON. RED

Customer Question

I HAVE A SONY BRAVIA KDL-55NX70 TV. WILL NOT POWER ON. RED LIGHT FLASHES TWICE. THEN STOPS AND REPEATS SEQUENCE
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please recheck TV model number as it could be KDL-55NX720 or some thing?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KDL -55NX720
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for mode number info, working on TV issue and get back to you in 5 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

A loss of REG12V from the power supply triggers this protect event. The usual cause is a failure of the main switching supply. In some instances, excessive loading on the secondary supply lines can cause the switching regulator to stop, or fail again, if a replacement board is installed.

G6 and G7 boards are suspected and swapping the G6 or G7 board will help to resolve the problem in TV. Please check following board supplier link to get replacement board if you wish to repair the TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=KDL-55NX720

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

In simple words, power supply board is defective in TV that will be replaced.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

So question is closed without positive rating and I didn't get paid by website.