Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have 60" sharp led tv. It started to shut off and then

Customer Question

Hi, I have 60" sharp led tv. It started to shut off and then come back on in about 15 seconds. It seems to be random. Sometimes every few minutes and then could go 30 minutes uninterupted.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?thank you

Also how old is the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number is ***** About 2 or 3 years old

This type of problem is very often bad firmware you need to make sure your firmware version is 1.19 if it is not please upgrade following the guide in this link <<click

Basically you must follow the guide carefully if the firmware you have on the set is 1.19 please ignore the upgrade because it wont take and come back here thank you

Please consider at this point rating what information I have provided so far positively, there will be a rating band with this post of stars, rating positive is the only way I get credited by the site for the help thank you.Please note the question NEVER closes and remains open always so bookmark the page

Regards

Anthony

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a smart tv. How do I download firmware?

Its all there in the link above please click on the link that will take you to the support for your model we move on from there, basically you download the firmware to a flash then insert the flash into the TV usb port

Let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, Sorry to keep bugging you. I downloaded the upgrade on to a flash drive. Do I just plug it into the tv and it will upload, or do I have to do anything after I plug it in. Also, Is there any way for me to know if I already have 1.19 firmware on my TV. Thanks again, Dave

Yes again that should all be in the guide the version of the firmware will be in the settings menu but I am not sure exactly where you will need to go through the menus usually its in "about" have a look, again you must do the flash correctly exactly how its described in the guide if you miss something it wont take

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try it when I get home

Please remember if you run into problems let me know OR if this does not work we move on with it