Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have an RCA 32" tv model # 32LB45RQ Serial #

Customer Question

Hello. I have an RCA 32" tv model # ***** Serial # ***** made 08/2012. red light is on when plugged in. push power button and blue light comes on. no flashing on any lights, no sound or picture. I have unplugged it for days and tried holding menu and vol- then power button for 30 seconds nothing happens different. blue light stays on. no popping no hissing.
any thought?
Thanks in advance Narvin
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

So it looks like the set is in the ON mode no pic no sound, if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no sir nonresponse from anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the remote power button has same result as power button on unit

Sorry to hear that well it is looking very much like a bad main-board OR it may be a back-light problem either way its going to need to be repaired by replacing a board now what you need to consider is cost, a board may cost $100 when these smaller sets now can be picked up for around $200 so that is half the cost, if you decide you want to go ahead with repairs and can do the work yourself please let me know I will help you with this, please do not consider tech repairs as this would escalate.

I am sorry I do not have better news.

If you need more help or further info let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I build pc's regular I have a working knowledge of electronics, and can read schematics. I was hoping you might be able to put a finger on what I may need to replace and what not to jack with
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as in would this work? RCA 32LB45RQ MAIN BOARD T.RSC8.1E 11481
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is what I have found
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/361394819430?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82
http://www.tvpartsguy.com/rca-32lb45rq-main-board-t-rsc8-1e-11481-1a2d0835-fre01tc81elna0-c1/?gclid=CMqEvOHxmMkCFQINaQodJdEJGQ

Many people would not go the way of fixing the set because of the economic situation however if you wish to go that way I will help, the first thing to do is to try and get the sound on so please connect up a DVD player or similar and cycle the INPUT button until you hear or dont hear the sound many people lose this because of button pressing and it can cause confusion

If I know the sound is there I may consider that the backlight is out let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir I do not have a dvd player for the tv I use the hdmi and sound from my PC when watching movies

And when you cycle the input can you get the sound through from the PC?you wont see anything happening but the set should be switching inputs when you continually press the button

The input button

I am asking you to do this because at this time I am not sure if you have a main-board or backlight issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only action that happens is the red goes blue. to turn unit off I have to unplug it. remote only works for power on as unit does nothing else. couple weeks ago I had it unplugged for several days 3 or 4 and plugged unit in and held power button on tv for 30 seconds and it came on and worked for 2 or so weeks then shut it self off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it unplugged and not fooled with for over an hour now.

Its looking like the main-board is bad VERY IMPORTANT>>you must get the part-number from the original main-board and try www.shopjimmy.com first if they do not have it google the partnumber

Let me know if you need more help thank you

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Anthony.

If you need more help just let me know remember the question NEVER closes

Before you go please remember to rate the answer with the rating bar with this post

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last question, how much voltage does the tv retain after unplugged

When the set is shut off from wall-power the residual current and voltages disappear very quickly (unlike CRT sets) so its safe to work with them say after about 2 to 3 minutes

Anthony