Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I'm currently using a Sharp LC-70LE65OU. I've had this

Customer Question

Good morning. I'm currently using a Sharp LC-70LE65OU. I've had this particular model for 4 months. This model replaces the exact same model I had for the 14 months prior.
The issue I'm having is the same across both televisions. I have horizontal flickering across the entire screen throughout all input modes. The issue is persistent and frustrating to say the least. Any quality input from you would be much appreciated.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry for your trouble.

So just to clarify you had the SAME issue with the PREVIOUS set as well as this one?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
exactly the same issue. though it took a little longer for the previous television to manifest the problem.

And its happening with different products like a dvd player and say any satellite or cable box you may be using? so thats 2 separate inputs?or more

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
exactly right.

Its a outside influence if both sets are doing the same, are you near any source of that interference like a airport (radar) or anything like that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm nowhere close to anything that could be creating that type of interference. I was informed that it could be a screen malfunction, but that's not saying anything specific.

Are these flickering lines?are the lines white?is it happening all over the display?

Or is it rather like a very fast brightness flicker like a strobe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they're dark lines. there's nothing bright or white. colors are skewed during flicker as well. there is not a strobe effect, just constant, persistent flickering lines across the entire screen from top to bottom.

It can't be the panel , panel problems are fixed lines usually very thin in appearance or if its a t-con board issue only some of the screen is affected usually vertically, when the lines happen again perform this check>>>press the menu button of the sets own remote control let me know if the lines are on top of the menu OR behind it

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well, the lines are fixed and not scrolling. lines are on top of the menu not behind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send you a picture if it helps.

Sorry for delay comp crashed

Please send aphoto yes thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see attached photo. Hope this helps.

OK if the lines are on top of the menu then its either t-con or panel particularly if they are fixed lines.

The t-con drives the LCD panel that menu check basically confirms the problem, outside of this it may be the LVDS lead that feeds the t-con board and that should be checked first do you have any warranty with this?

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Warranty lapsed a month ago.
Thanks for your assist.

Your Welcome

Please remember to rate the answer positively this is the only way I receive credit from the site thank you

Anthony

Hi

I am just interested to know if you require any more help with this please?

If not could you please rate the answer positively thank you

Anthony