Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Sony kdf 50a10 - no picture, replaced bulb but still have no

Customer Question

sony kdf 50a10 - no picture , replaced bulb but still have no picture. red light flashes 6 times repeatively- help
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Where did you buy the new lamp?

2. How much did the new lamp cost?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Six blinks on this model is failure of the thermal fuse. The fuse is inside the tv near the lamp. You have to take the whole back off the tv to replace the part. The part can be purchased on eBay and there is a video showing how to do it:

CLICK HERE TO BUY THERMAL ON EBAY

CLICK HERE TO WATCH INSTALLATION VIDEO

If you are unable or unwilling to perform these operations then a repair shop should be consulted. I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,