Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My 82 Inch Model WD-82738 TV has an erratic response to the

Customer Question

My 82 Inch Model WD-82738 TV has an erratic response to the remote IE: Turning On, Volume, Muting, ,and num***** *****nel changing. I purchased a new exact model remote control which does not produce any response, after trying System Reset (with a limited and temporary response) .I have had no success trying the TV Restart or the A/V Restart. The controls on the console(SET) work fine. Could it be that the Remote receiver chip/circuit board has failing semi- conductors ? Sincerely, ***** ***** Collins PH; xxx-xxx-xxxx E- Mail***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Thomas.

This issue does indeed tend to indicate a faulty infrared receiver board. It is possible that it is a deeper problem with the control board, but that is not likely since the onboard buttons are responding as expected.

The next step here would be replacing that board.

This is a relatively cheap part, under $25 typically, though it will likely be used as they are discontinued and hard to find new.

I can help you with finding a local repair shop, or the part if you prefer to do it yourself. I can also recommend replacement options if you'd prefer to invest in a new tv instead.

Let me know,