Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 5 year old Vizio VF552XVT television that suddenly

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old Vizio VF552XVT television that suddenly lost video, while I was streaming Hulu. The audio was on for a while, then I attempted to reboot the TV and no there is no video at all (no interface, not even a notice of "no signal"). It seems to power up just fine.
I would like to attempt to repair it, but I'm not sure what part to replace?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing at all. I've even tried to change inputs. Usually, by default, the is some type of UI graphic that pops up, like time, input info, and even WiFi signal.

Is there any sound?or did you have sound then lost it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did have sound when the video signal was lost, but when I rebooted, could not get any sound out of the TV, even when trying to press the input button. One of my inputs is directly connected to an OTA signal, so I was hoping to hear something from that.

If you look closely at the display can you see any visible light at all on the display?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies Anthony. I'm at work at the moment and just trying this site for the first time. From what I recall, There are no visible pixels that are lit and didn't really see any type light, including any possible backlight bleed. Only the Vizio logo powers on.

Its likely the backlight is out in that case I think this set uses an inverter so that is the most suspect board and may need to be replaced can you do that yourself?

Let me know I will provide all necessary info

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm fairly sure I can do it myself. I'm actually a video production professional, that can put custom workstation PC's together. I'm just not familiar with repairing flat panel TV's. If you have a good recommendation on where to purchase the part, please let me know! I've only looked on ebay so far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Preferably a vendor that accept returned parts, just in case.

Its actually the power-board that drives the LED array on this set you need to get the part-number from the power-board (trace power cord)and try www.shopjimmy.com

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony,Thank you so much for the help! I definitely double check this evening to see if there is any noticeable light.And apologies of any confusion on my part. So to clarify what you suggested, does that mean that the TV can still be powered on but for some reason, the power supply/board is not bring power to the LCD?

Yes the power-board has an integral LED driver circuitry for teh LED s that illuminate the pixels

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it. I will definitely attempt to replace that part and let you know how it goes asap. Thanks again!

ok