Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 55ht1u Toshiba. Stays in zoom. Has no full screen

Customer Question

I have a 55ht1u Toshiba. Stays in zoom. Has no full screen option. All others work???
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Who is your tv channel provider?

2. Do you normally change channels with the Toshiba tv remote or the tv channel provider's remote?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dish. Dish remote
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

The size and shape of the picture on your screen is set in TWO places. One is the Tv the other is the Dish box. You need to experiment using a combination of BOTH of these settings until you find a size/shape you like. So look for a button on the Toshiba remote and on the Dish remote called Picture Size, Zoom, Aspect, Format, etc. Play with that button on BOTH remotes.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

I am here. If you need more help simply REPLY back here to our CHAT. Otherwise please do not leave without clicking the rating 5 STARS or SMILEYS.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done all configuration on both remote s. Nothing gets back full screen options.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find the button on the Dish remote?

Do you see the picture on the screen change sizes when you press that button?

Did you find the button on the Toshiba remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to all. No full screan
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

If you press GUIDE on the Dish remote, is it full screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Exit the guide.

What channel are you on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
342 western channel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Football games. Scoreboard is buried in the side or bottom.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Either to Dish box is not set correctly or the tv is not set correctly. As I said, you have to keep trying BOTH settings until you find the setting that you like.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Press the button on the Dish remote and tell me ALL the available options and I might be able to help you decide which one you might like.

Press the button on the Toshiba remote and tell me ALL the available options and I might be able to help you decide which one you might like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dish set at. 16x9 & 1080pfrom day one.other 4x3#1&2. 1080p&I. 720p&480p&I. TV remote natural, theater 1,2,&3. Full which doesn't give choice to any more. 4:3hd, native. Has been on full screen until a week ago.hit live TV button it shows live TV & zoom.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

"hit live TV button it shows live TV & zoom" - which remote

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dish
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Then your Dish box is in ZOOM mode.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

If you can't get it out of zoom mode, try unplugging the POWER cord for the dish box for 10 seconds, plug back in, try zoom mode again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try to go to full its darkened & not an option anymore. It's was set on full form day one. I've unplugged it 4 different times.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Call Dish network, have the box replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll contact them.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wrong it won't go to full with TV remote. Dish ok
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

but you said you pressed a button on the DISH remote and it came up saying ZOOM...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yed
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

that is telling you the dish box is in ZOOM mode

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
True I'll call again. Tested OK.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

You really want the tv set to NATIVE using the Toshiba remote

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

see page 36 of your user manual:

CLICK HERE FOR TV USER MANUAL

Please don't leave without at least saying "thank you" for my time, and clicking the rating 5 STARS or SMILEYS.