Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

TV remote lost and connot get signal to display screen with

Customer Question

TV remote lost and connot get signal to display screen with Comcast remote inspite of positive power indication on TV panel. Touching power button on TV panel has no reaction
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is there am INPUT button ON THE SET ITSELF?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Only a source and menu button in addition to CH and Vol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for reply 1:30pm

Sorry about that your question has only just come to me on that reply you just sent

Yes the source IS the input button, please get the box on and running and slowly press the source button one second a time and let me know if the box comes through

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no reaction. Very strange

OK is there a power-light lit on the front of the set as though the set is ON?

If so if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Or the menu on the set itself

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I tried that too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I indicated originally, part of the problem is that I don't have the Samsung remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Is Tv screen glowing at all and display any thing/ graphics?

- Does any thing appear when touch volume or menu button on TV itself?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried all the buttons. The screen stays black. I have also checked the signal to the Comcast box. It is ok and green light indicates it has power
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, screen stays black means TV is Off or defective.

A working TV will at least show 'no-signal' message or volume bar will appear when touch volume buttons or menu screen will come up when touch menu button on TV.

We need to troubleshoot the issue in TV so does power indicator light on TV lit or blink when touch power or channel button on TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv power indicater llight just stays on, no blinks
I need to go out for about an hour
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn the TV On and check if any graphics appear on screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that, too. Let me give the whole long story. I acquired the TV from a friend who was having same trouble. I didn't have any better luck. Much later I decided to try Direct TV. When Technician arrived to set up it took him one second to get it working with his remote. When I learned I had to get a second antenna for Internet & phone I decided to cancel and reactivate Comcast. Then back to square one......this is really strange. Do you think it might be necessary to procure a Samsung remote specific to this TV unit?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

It seems touch button control board in your TV isn't working that is why TV doesn't power up when touch power button on TV itself. Since your TV had power On with remote that means it will work if you get Samsung remote for it, required Samsung original remote is available at following Samsung Parts link with part number BN59-01041A..

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN59-01041A.aspx?model=LN32C550J1F

and following Amazon supplier offers the same remote on less price..

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BN59-01041A-Remote-Control/dp/B003LR5HRK

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will get one and hope it works
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sure, hopefully it will work to power up the TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.