Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Mitsubishi big screen WD-Y657 TV connected to

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi big screen WD-Y657 TV connected to digital antenna. Another tv in the house is connected to same antenna and it works fine on all stations. After being away for 4 months we came back and the big screen has no sound on one ABC network station channel. Sound is fine on all other available stations. I tried disconnecting power for several minutes but same problem. Talked to tech support, we hit the reset button on the front and rescanned the antenna channels, same issue. We then use the remote reset code to factory settings and rescanned the channels, same issue. Any idea on how to get sound back on the network channel we watch the most?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please make sure that the SAP (secondary audio programming)in the audio or settings menu is OFF

If you have any problems let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure exactly where that setting is, but the full resets were suppose to take care of that.

Yes it should however it will take out the sound on one channel if its active I will have a look for you give me 10 mins please

Anthony

Just 1 more min

On page 28/37 of the manual here <<click

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
already checked for SAP settings per Page 28 & n37 ,
item 11 "Listen to indicator shows - TV speakers, Stereo, English , Other
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nay other ideas?

There really is NOT anything else that can take out one channel on its own sound, and that is a solid NOTHING if all other channels are OK only the SAP so I find it rather bewildering why you still have no sound on that channel

The signal is coming in RF format the signal processing will demodulate all channels the same way it cannot just MISS one channel alone sorry that just defies all logic

You viewed my reply 15mins ago?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry had to run out. Thanks for trying. I will let you know if I ever figure it out.

I am not "trying" anything its a process of elimination if that SAP does not work NOTHING else can cause this you must have the only set ever to have one channel with no sound if that is the case the mainboard including tuner will need to be replac ed