TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

Have a panasonic tc-p50s30--has 14 blink code--replaced A

Customer Question

have a panasonic tc-p50s30--has 14 blink code--replaced A board--still has 14 blink code
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue, please reply this message to proceed further.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you need
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

We need to do following test to figure out bad board in TV.

Please unplug the TV power cord for 5 minutes, replug it back in. Press the power switch immediately after the first relay click from the TV power supply is heard and check, is the power LED solid red or is it still blinking?

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
led is solid red
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, this test tells that power supply board is defective so please replace power supply board in TV which will help to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when problem first started i replaced power supply--then i held the power button in for 5 seconds and the 14 blinks showed up-i sent p/s back because 14 blinks means bad A BOARD
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

In initial question it was mentioned that A Board was replaced. Now you said Power board was replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from the beginning-- did not check for codes at first --tv came on with solid red led--tested a few things on p/s determined board needed to be replaced--replaced board--same problem--found out about codes--held button in for 5 second-led blinked 14x-indicates A board problem--replaced A board--same problem-tv now has new p/s and new m/b-and still 14 blinks--p/s board has been returned--put original boards back in tv--still has 13 blinks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, this is odd and TV shows P/S board problem, let me open the question to other experts to have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond.

Thanks.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

The undocumented 14 blink code was resolved by one of my customers. His turned out to be the SN board was damaged by the SS board. He replaced the SN first but it failed after 30 seconds. He was able to disconnect the power to BOTH boards and it would stop the blink code. Eventually the 6 blink code would start, but he was able to turn the TV on and off, measure the Vsus at 217 Volts before the 6 blink code would engage.

Consider replacing both, but try the TV with power removed from both boards, see if the 14 blink disappears. I'm assuming you get the 14 blink rather quickly, and you should see it stay on longer before the 6 blink shuts the TV down.

Do not rate me yet...that's Just Answer forcing a rating. I can't turn it off on my end. Use the reply button if you have any questions.