Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 70 inch Aquos set and am having issues with the

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 70 inch Aquos set and am having issues with the HDMI inputs. HDMI 1 works fine with the settop box but HDMI 2 and 3 will not stay active when I chosse them. HDMI 2 has a Playstation on it and HDMI 3 has a blue ray player. They were working fine but all of a sudden they quit. I have tried resetting the TV back to factory settings but nothing has cured the issue. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

OK HDMI loss is a very common issue with modern sets and there is a procedure to follow, the first thing to do is >>try different hdmi products not just one to eliminate the product as the issue then>>

1)Un-plug the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again try HDMI again

2) If there is a reset to factory default in the settings menu of the TV please use that try the HDMI again

3)If still no go go to the Sharp website and look for any firmware upgrade for the set under support for your model make sure you have the latest version of firmware.

If all fails then the main-board will need to be replaced (assuming the set is not under warranty) let me know when you get as far as that and I will advise further

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

The model number is ***** on the back of the set

Let me know how all the above works out

Anthony

Just checking in how is this working out please?

Anthony