Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Vizio SV421XVT and the CC is on the screen all the

Customer Question

I have a Vizio SV421XVT and the CC is on the screen all the time. I have tried pushing the button on the remote, read the manual top to bottom and still I can not figure out how to turn this off?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Are you using a cable box with the TV please? Or is it direct coaxial connection from the wall to the back of the TV?

Also, what remote are you using (Vizio or cable provided remote)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable box and cable provided. I have used the VIZIO remote to change HDMI and all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CC goes OFF during some comericals.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. If using a cable box, the CC function is generated by the box itself- not the TV. Have you tried rebooting the box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds then plugging it back in to reboot? If not can you try that please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.