Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Samsung with a smart hub (less than a year old) and

Customer Question

I have a Samsung with a smart hub (less than a year old) and when i try and play Netflix the screen goes blank and then goes back to normal cable/television.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This is a known issue, and is a samsung wide problem with several of the newer models.

Netflix made some updates to their server environment and the tv is currently not capable of meeting those requirements, and so the app automatically terminates.

Samsung is aware of the issue and is working on it. For it to work again, samsung will have to publish and release a patch for the problem, in the form of a firmware update.
You can go into the tv setup menu every few days and select the Software Update function, once the update is released, it will be available there, and the netflix app will resume normal functionality.