Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

There is a ticking sound ( like a grandfather clock) coming

Customer Question

There is a ticking sound ( like a grandfather clock) coming from the TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Is the power led on the front coming on or blinking? or?

2. Has the tv ever been serviced or parts replaced?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the light is on but not blinking. the TV has never been serviced as it has worked perfectly from day one.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

The light is on and there is a clicking noise. Is there any picture on the screen? What if you press MENU on the Panasonic remote? Is there any audio coming from the speakers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a clear picture and sound.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

oh, so is the clicking noise coming from the speakers of the tv or from the back like from a circuit board or fan?

If you press MUTE on the tv/remote, does the clicking continue or stop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I press mute the ticking continues. When I switch off the ticking continues.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

please complete the following at least one time:

-disconnect ALL audio/video cables from tv.

-unplug the tv power cord from the wall.

-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release button.

-plug in the tv power cord only and power on.

-if there is no ticking, start connecting your audio video cables.

If the problem continues then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can help you (a meter and some previous electronics experience is required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform these operations then a repair shop should be consulted.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,