Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My visio vw46L has no picture but has sound what part do I

Customer Question

my visio vw46L has no picture but has sound what part do I need to order. the tv was dropped
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

hello a few questions coming up ;

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
screen is blank but has some background light for a few seconds at startup
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then and you are saying that the tv was working prior to that fall ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
working fince after fall have sound but no picture, checdk power to inverter boards looks good
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The inverters will be fine if they come on when you turn the tv on but the blank screen now can have 2 possible culprit .

First look at the link below , that is your t-con , check the plug I pointed to both at the main board and t-con ;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgdo1dqxjhfhsn8/2015-11-14_1107.png?dl=0

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The second possible suspect which is definitely the most likely right now is a broken /defective panel after that fall .

They do not have to show any sign of damage and they usually don`t , the damage happens internally

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

On the t-con pull the plug out and back in securely at both ends just in case it got loose with the drop , other than that you are looking at a now defective panel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if plug is secure what part do I need to order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
plug seems secure
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

A LCD panel I`m afraid

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is a lcd panel cost
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money , for example you could have a local tech. come to your home to take a look but the service call will cost you 100 to $125 ( paid in advance) and you would get the same diagnostic .
If you do wish a second opinion then i would suggest you take it to the shop yourself , most shop will give you a free estimate for a problem like this .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok that is what I needed to know
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Thanks for understanding .