Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How can I make the closed captions go away from my Sharp

Customer Question

How can I make the closed captions go away from my Sharp aquos?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please elaborate on how you're getting your broadcasts- is there a cable or Satellite box connected to the TV?

Also what remote are you using- the Sharp remote, or a cable company remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using cable and the ATT cable remote. I also use the Sharp remote for smart TV functions.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, when you're using a Cable Box ("cable" does not tell us anything- but an ATT remote does tell me you're using a "box"), this means the CC function is being generated by the box itself.

I was asking specifically which remote you're using to try and remove the CC function please?

Also, when you switch to the TV's built in APPS- is the CC function still showing? If NOT- then the issue is being generated by the ATT box with certainty.

Let me know and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call feature, and the site charges you more for that. Please simply reply back on this page to continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me here?