Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My wd65737 will not come on i t the control button down

Customer Question

my wd65737 will not come on i hit the control button down for 10 seconds. the red light goes off then i press again and i can hear it spooling up but when it comes on it goes right back off after a second or 2...the set is 5 years old...i have a surge protector on it and its connected to a cable box (oceanic time warner) any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you see any specific pattern to the flashing lights on front? Which light is on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the status button blinks on & off red...i hold it down for 10 seconds, it goes out. i press the power button, the status goes to green, i can hear the tv spooling up then in a few seconds the status goes to red blinking again....>>.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i meant i hold the power button down for ten seconds then the red blinking stutus goes off...i press the power button, the status goes to green, the set begins to spool up, the picture comes on for a second or 2 then goes off and the status light goes back to blinking red....hope this makes sense for you..
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unplug power for a minute

Plug back in, try to turn on, and wait for it to start up then shot down.

Press and hold the Activity and Channel Down button for 5 seconds.

The light should flash in a specific pattern, say 3 times, pause, then twice. This is a "32" code.

let me know what you see

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
status light turns green blinks 37...3 blinks pause then seven blinks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Great, thanks for checking.

Unfortunately, this is an internal hardware problem though,

related to the engine (dmd) fan. This could be as simple as a loose harness/connector, a bad fan motor, or a power supply/control board problem.

Is this something you're looking to get inside the tv and repair yourself, or would you like some help finding a tech to take a look at it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was going to do myself ..can tell fan motor is ok...do u have an educated guess?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well there is more than one fan in there, this is the one on the dmd board, where the dlp chip is. This is part of the light engine system.

Do you see it spin up initially?
What you were probably hearing is the color wheel initially, not the fan.

Looks like this: http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/s/j/sj938p158020.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will check and get back to u later,,,gotta a "household" situation...thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with this?