Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My remote will change channels and other functions but will

Customer Question

My remote will change channels and other functions but will not turn off the set, mute the set or adjust the volume. I have tried putting in all of the different codes for Vizio sets and it does not change anything. I have been told that the set is not seeing the electronic signal from the remote. Neither the Time Warner remote or the Vizio remote will turn off the set. Can you give me some advice on what to try? Thank you!
Warren Johnson
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Warren.

That doesn't look like the correct model number, can you recheck it please?

Also, will the tv respond to the buttons on the front/side (its own onboard buttons)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** The TV will respond to its onboard buttons. I am currently turning the set on and off with the set side button.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

So if multiple remotes will not work with it, but it does respond to on board commands, that indicates a fault in the infrared receiver/sensor typically.

Not much you can do for that, other than attempt to reset the tv, and failing that replace the sensor.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm trying to accept your call request, but it failed on your end (appears to be a payment issue).

I'll resend an offer from my side, but you may have to increase your deposit first.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you prefer to continue here instead, just let me know.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Warren, just checking in. I'd like to help, but need some type of response from you, either chat or phone, to continue the dialogue.