Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Netflix not working on Samsung SmartTV model: UN55HU9000F.

Customer Question

Netflix not working on Samsung SmartTV model: UN55HU9000F. It stopped working 4 days ago but still works on all other devices
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Any trouble with any other apps?
Error code/message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,error codes
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

So other apps are working fine? What is the specific problem with netflix? App won't open? Blank screen on playback? Buffering?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When using smart Tv selecting Net Flix the screen goes back regular tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the red/white "neflix" shortcut button on your tv remote?
If so will it respond to that?

If not, as an initial step, please unplug power to the tv for 60 seconds for a quick reset, then try again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a shortcut button
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay if that button isn't working, please do the above reset. If no change, go into the smarthub screen (with the multicolored diamond shaped smarthub button) and then pick netflix from the list there manually.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done that and it just returns to the tv program that was playing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm here, your reply just came through.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Next go into the tv setup menu, under advanced or network, and look for the software Update function, and run that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and it says all software is up to date
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay this may be a matter of a faulty app or corrupted firmware then, or even an underlying hardware problem.

As a next step you'll need to go into the smarthub menu and do the reset smarthub settings there.

If still no change, in the main tv menu, we'll do the full factory reset of the tv (restore defaults).

You'll have to set up your apps again (log in) after this, as well as the wifi connection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the other apps work thru the smart hub only Netflix has a problem
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I understand that, but netflix is still a function of the smarthub programming/firmware.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a known Samsung Netflix problem. We all can't be having the same software corruption
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Re-doing all the apps which there are many is a three day job
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is very possible. The tvs typically auto update, and they use a specific app made by samsung for the particular model tv.

Anytime a netflix server/protocol update happens, the samsung apps have to keep up, and aren't always released immediately.

It is possible this is a temporary issue that can be resolved by the reset.

If that process does not help, then the next step is unfortunately just waiting for samsung to release a patch to resolve the problem.

If you don't want to reset, then you're left just waiting on samsung to address the issue on their end, which can take days/weeks.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

In the meantime, the reset is the only other step you can take on your own. It is not a guaranteed fix, as it depends on the underlying cause, meaning whether it is your particular set, or a global firmware issue, which only samsung can resolve.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,