Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My LG 42" that I bought 2 years ago at Best Buy in Florida

Customer Question

My LG 42" that I bought 2 years ago at Best Buy in Florida on sale has a big problem. The screen is now black. The sound is good. There is just no video. I live in a small town in Georgia now and have no idea where to take it. LG model number47LN5200. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue, please reply this message to proceed further.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. What information do you need?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply, does screen glow/ show any light or LG logo screen appear when power up the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing, black screen. With flashlight can see images, that's all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems like the light from the screen just stopped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This LG is only 2 years old so I'm quite surprised the picture would go out after 2 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, With flashlight can see images is very helpful info that conclude the troubleshooting.

This kind of problem occurs due to failure of backlight LEDs inside LCD panel, please click following link to view LEDs stripe image..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-lc470due-sfu1-led-strips-12-strips-1-board.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-lc470due-sfr1-led-strips-12-strips-1-board.htm

Please contact above supplier to see when they can provide it as currently they don't have it in stock.

I'm still writing an answer....

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please contact above supplier to see when they can provide it as currently they don't have it in stock if you wish to repair TV yourself and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with TV issue?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.