Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a panasonic tubed tv CT32SF36A a black box appears in

Customer Question

I have a panasonic tubed tv CT32SF36A a black box appears in the middle of the screen and i also cannot get the audio to work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ready. The remote I have does not have a menu but an action button instead, which allows you to go to set-up, audio, timer, etc. A block box appears in the middle of the screen but goes away after clicking on the action button, the audio is not working at all. I am sure I hit a wrong button by mistake, but cannot resolve the problem.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Good morning

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did that box (caption text mode) appear at the time as the sound loss or did you first lose the sound then while trying to get it back ended up with that box ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

In any case right now first the closed captions in text mode is turned on and needs to be turned off for that box to disappear .

Press ACTION and go to SETUP >>> CC >>> CC MODE and set it to OFF there and that box will be gone .

Now about the audio ;

I don`t know which problem came first ( sound or black box) but if one was caused while trying to fix the first then you have the answer for the box and if the sound problem came second then try this ;

Press ACTION and go to the AUDIO and open it , first make sure that under MODE it says STEREO , not SAP then scroll further down where it says SPEAKERS and make sure it says ON

For the black box I know that the caption text will take care of that , for the sound , if you still have no sound after that then let me know and we`ll troubleshoot this further .

If that works and you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Thank you