Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Insignia 55" lcd 2011 it wont turn on. Red light blinks when

Customer Question

Insignia 55" lcd 2011 it wont turn on. Red light blinks when i touch power button. Why?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red light still blinks. Wont turn on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, it seems TV has got internal hardware failure and it needs further troubleshooting with multimeter to determine what board is defective to replace it. If you wish to troubleshoot it then remove back cover of TV and check 12V and 24V output at power supply board with multimeter, if volts reading appear on meter when press power button then replace main board of TV and if volts reading not available then power supply board is suspected and should be swapped.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Just to add more info, if no 24V output available then unplug backlight inverter board and again check 24V, if available then replace backlight inverter board and if still no 24V reading appear then replace power supply board.

If you need any further assistance with it, please reply back.

Thanks.