Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

We have model TC-P42ST30...tv blacked out...red light

Customer Question

we have model TC-P42ST30...tv blacked out...red light flashing fourteen times in succession...stops then flashes again...is this some type of code that tells what is wrong?
We have tried to reboot it by taking power cord off and disconnecting everything..can you tell us what is possibly wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

If you unplug the tv power cord for 4 minutes, plug it in press power button one time:

14 blinks = defective A board part number TXN/A1PEUUS ($90)

solid red = defective P board part number TXN/P1PKUUS ($140)

Use part numbers to search google for sellers. Entire back panel needs to come off to replace the board. If you are unable or unwilling to perform these operations then a repair shop should be consulted.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,