Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung PN59D530A3F 50" Plasma. It comes on and

Customer Question

I have a Samsung PN59D530A3F 50" Plasma. It comes on and after a while the picture goes out but sound stays on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

When the pic goes out if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up or not please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not. Picture gone until I turn it off for a while then back on. Same issue.

You have a problem with one of the boards inside the set likely to be power-board but visual and meter checks are needed to verify this beginning with the visual check are you able to do work yourself with the set?I will be happy to provide all the necessary info for that, ultimately it may mean replacement of a board.

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already replaced the logic board LS92-01845. I would think there would be no sound also for a power problem?

The logic board is unlikely to be causing the problem, what needs to be done first is for all the ribbon leads removed and re-seated then try the set again we move on from there with a visual check of the power-board let me know, reseating means removing the leads and reinserting

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we continue this tomorrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send me what test points you like me to check.

I don't want you to check any test points please let me know when you have completed task1 we move on from there any mistakes or not complete and it will backfire this procedure, tomorrow will be fine thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All ribbon cables have been reseated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm ready to continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been more than 24hrs.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • test for the presence and consistency of the VA and VS voltages at the power supply board. Check twice - when there is still picture and then when it is gone;
  • • determine if any of the boards particularly those with aluminum heatsinks are quickly heating up.

A friendly reminder; voltage measurements by its very nature requires that the Samsung be plugged in and therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.