Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I HAVE A SHARP TV AND IT HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED 6 MONTHS.

Customer Question

I HAVE A SHARP TV AND IT HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS.
THIS UNIT IS ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD
THE RECEIVER IS ON BUT I CANNOT GET MY TV TO START<<<<<<<<<<<
CAN IT BE THE "REMOTE"?
DAN
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Does power indicator light on TV lit or blink?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MODEL NO. ? (TO BE ADVISED)POWER INDICATOR IS NOT LIT OR DOES IT BLINKNO OTHER DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS TVDAN
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Model number would be written on label pasted at back of TV and would start like LC-xxxxx

Have you checked the power outlet is working where TV power cord is plugged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I MOVED THE CABLE TO A COUPLE OF POWER SOURCE LOCATIONS WITHOUT RESULTS.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, now I really need your TV model number to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.

Can you get the number off of TV please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BY TOMORROWTV IS LOCATED AT A DIFFERENT LOCATIONPLEASE E-MAIL ME TOMORROW FOR THE MODEL NUMBER ABOUT THIS TIME.
TKSDAN
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sure Dan, my each reply also sends an email notification to your email box (its website design and I don't have your email address) so you can click the link in that email to post TV model number info, alternately please bookmark this page link or login to JustAnswer.com and click on My Question link and open this question thread to provide TV model number info so we can proceed.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE SHARP MODEL IS A 32LK450 MODELPLEASE RESPONDDAN
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

32LK450 number belongs to LG TV, are you sure you got correct TV model number as we are working on Sharp TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE SHARP MODEL IS LC-37D43U
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, since no power light lit on TV that indicates power supply board failure that will be replaced to get the problem resolved. Please click following link to view power supply board image and part number info that can be used to search/ google to get price and stock info to order it..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-rdenca198wjqz-power-supply.htm

Since it is an old model TV so it would be tough to get replacement board or price could be high so at that point you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this old unit. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.