Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am getting the message v chip blocked on my tv but I dont

Customer Question

I am getting the message v chip blocked on my tv but I dont have the remote. I can get to to the menu from my tv to get to parental controls but then it ask me for a password ***** I cant put in let alone that I know... Help!
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its an olevia flat screen about 10 yrs old
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the complete model number of the tv?
Note - it is likely that this issue will not be able to be resolved without having the appropriate remote, which means you will probably have to buy a replacement remote to proceed with further steps.