Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung Plasma model PN64F5500AFXZA. I replaced the

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Plasma model PN64F5500AFXZA. I replaced the powerboard, with correct part and tv worked for one day. Now it wont power on and gives me a red light twice, stops blinking, then red light twice. Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Was this your ORIGINAL fault before replacing the power-board please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I replaced the power board with the one you sent me, it worked fine for two days. Then it stopped, and now when I go to turn in on, it clicks, light blinks, starts to power then clicks again. It now has a red light that blinks twice every five seconds. I dont remember what the original problem was exactly, but it had a red light that just blinked over and over again. I googled it and everyone said replace the powerboard, which I did. Now I am getting the above. Any suggestions?

We did not send you any power-board we are Justanswer a service that provides advice for a fee

Let me know you understand this

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that, you obviously did not send me a power board. I copy and pasted my explanation from Samsungs website. ANYWAY... can you possibly read the rest of my question and determine an answer, or is this something I have to keep paying for to obtain an educated answer. SO here goes again. Please read the entire paragraph before responding. I want to know why a Samsung After I replaced the power board, now when I go to turn in on, it clicks, light blinks, starts to power then clicks again. It now has a red light that blinks twice every five seconds. That is obviously a code that should tell you what is wrong with the tv. So, what is wrong with the tv?

Well I have to ask because people think they are talking to samsung and that is not the case, as for the blinking light NO samsungs do not have a blink code procedure and I read the entire paragraph but had to ask sorry for the confusion, also you are not continually paying for answers you have paid one fee (so long as you do not open a new question and remain here)

With plasma sets to diagnose the issue would mean making voltage/ohm checks with a meter cann you use one of those?

As an overview the board bad would be identified by the checks (likely to be power or scan boards).

I am sorry it is not something easier let me know if you can do work yourself

Let me know if you need more info/help

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Regards

Anthony